BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Red Key: Las Promesas - Muse of Taste Intuitive Painting

Time for the next Muse Painting over at The Red Key... 

Muse of Taste - A Feast to Awaken your Mouth
She will need you to feed her. To nourish her. To give her yumminess.
Gather up your supplies of food, and drink for feasting
and your art supplies for drawing, writing and painting.
Nothing will taste the same after this.
*******
My Muse of  Taste...
 The steps are basically the same for this painting as the other Muses were, 
With 1 special extra... FOOD!

Page was cut to 8 1/2" X 10 3/4" so that it can attached right into my Book of Legends. 
Laid out my 'feast' to nom nom while listening to what the Muse of Taste had to tell me today.
Wee Honey Gold Apples we picked at the orchard last week, 2 BIG Plums (seriously they're the size of oranges!), Candied Ginger (ziiip!), Chocolate in form of a Skor bar and my beloved Dr. Pepper (no diet this time, it's for ART! lol ). 
NOT for eating: Red Thread, Keys and a Cinnamon Scented Candle. ;)
 

Felt led to 'annoint' the page with the red Plum juice before writing out my promise...
Though I had it upright during my preparations *she* wanted it sideways.

Written in watercolor pencil...
Promise:
I choose to sit and savor
Each and every morsel… to
Take time to taste, feel and
Experience each dish put
Before me by my Muse

Color wash: Reds and Purples much the same as the Plum juice...

 Outline...

Starting to fill with colors...
  
Adding details...
Not on here yet but I was led to grab the super shimmery copper paint, 
With it, though the picture do it NO justice, she GLOWS.
  
Here she is!
Her Message to Me:
Savor each... and every... little Moment... 
Looked up the symbolic meanings From: http://www.dreamomania.com
 Grapes:
If the dreamer in his dream perceives grape this points out that he has a need for celebration and ceremony. A dream of grapes suggests that in the life of the dreamer had been too little fun and laugh. Best way to change this is to bring creativity into life.
Candy:
 Candy according to the information in old dream-books is promising love and happiness.
 

1 comment:

trish said...

Came over from Creative Coma. I know I like having comments on my blog so figured you might too! I love the process you shared and how it all came together. I think the process is as interesting as the final product! Wish I could see the glowing-ness of her!