BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December Daily 2012: It's a Start...

December has rolled around again and that means it's time for this year's December Daily!
 http://aliedwards.com/december-daily

Last year I did my DD in an altered Reader's Digest book:
 http://keepsakescrafts.blogspot.ca/search/label/December%20Daily%202011

This year I'm doing a Junk Ring Book, using up bits and pieces held together with 4 binder rings. The covers are made from a cereal box cut and covered with pattern papers. Size is 7" tall 8" wide. The Snowy paper was 12 X 12 and I *really* wanted to use it for the covers but only had 1 sheet... so it's overlaid over another pattern paper (I had tons of from a class I taught). The same paper was also used to line the inside covers. Deer, Sparkly 'Snow' and BELIEVE are chipboard, 2012 is stickers and reindeer crossing sign was a lonely orphan sticker missing the post I re-created with card-stock.
Then I went to town filling it up with bits and pieces:
~Old Card or slices of cards backed with pattern paper (to cover the old writing/sentiments)
~Gingerbread House Packaging
~Ephemera 'Blocks' from a kit I had
~Postcard for last years play at a local church
~Used Envelope 
~Sliced up pattern paper blocks
etc...
BUT 
These are only the beginning! I like my DD to develop organically over the season:
Adding flyers snips, photos, tags and anything else that catches my creative-eye and helps it grow.
This... is a good start!

































No comments: