BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Christmas... on the last day of July!

August is but a quick turn around the corner...
That means (if your a crafter) it's CHRISTMAS TIME!
In the next week or so I'll start digging through and figuring what I have and what I need to start acquiring for Christmas projects.
This year my cards are looking to be a little more 'rounded' than they were last year. (Leave you puzzling on that one... *wink*)

Here's a sample of some of the sh-tuff I made last year...


Card #1:
This one was made using pre-folded, pre-printed card bases from The Paper Company, stamp set 'Santa Post' from Stampin'Up! on glossy paper. I stamped the entire 8 1/2' X 11' paper 1st, then cut into 8 pieces for the cards.

Card #2:
This one was a bit trickier... a 1st for me. Stamp set is 'Renaissance Angel' from Stampin'Up! The Angel is stamped in black, them embossed in silver on the BACK of overhead plastic. The silver behind the black gave it more of the feel of leading... Then coloured in with Sharpies. Next step was sandwiching the overhead between the card and a card-liner insert (also stamped) inside the front of the card itself. The result, though a lot of work, was sooo pretty... the picture really doesn't do it justice.

Card #3:

This was my favorite.

The paper is Deja Views Open Windows series in Holiday Joy (green) and The Paper Elements Fruits series in Cheery (red), yarn from my stash and Brads from Keepsake's Multicrafts home line. Stamp Sets 'All-Year Cheer 1' and 'Snowflakes' from Stampin'Up! Snowflake stamped with VersaMark and embossed in gold, it sort of 'floated' on the page. Again, the picture really doesn't do it justice.

This year I'm working on something a little different in regards to cards. If you already know... shhhh! I'm also altering a tonne of tins & boxes gathered over the summer. I've got my work cut out for me!

oh...

and...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: