BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gutter Girlz Challenge: Prompt #33

Rumours of my death are not nearly as exaggerated as they may seem. ;O)
Due to a condition I have as a result of kidneys that no longer work 100% I take a medication to help process purine and unfortunately the major side effect is that it lowers my white blood cell count. We've had a few drippy noses and coughs this season but luckily nothing too serious, still it takes me longer to recover than everyone else. This time we got a WHOOPER of a bug. I'm into week 2 with no end in sight... yet. So I've been sleeping and whining, whining and sleeping... enough already!
I dragged myself to my crafting 'nook' and made myself work today...
I worked on the newest Gutter Girlz Prompt:
http://guttergirlz.blogspot.com/search/label/Challenges
THE PROMPT:
Kiss My ASS
THE SONG:
Bad Reputation by Joan Jett
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE:
Chain"


I LOVED doing this... lots of fiddly little bits & pieces...
This is the final Full 12 X 12 page:

Journaling:
2009 was the last year of my old painful life.
I've locked that time away and thrown away the key...

An' I only feel good
When I got no pain
An' that's how I'm gonna stay
~Joan Jett~ Bad Reputation

2010 is the year I take charge...
This is the year I'm doing what I want to do.
not what the world wants me to do!

An' I'm only doin' good
When I'm havin' fun
An' I don't have to please no one
~Joan Jett~ Bad Reputation

This year everyone can...
kiss MY ASS-itude!

Rub Ons:
Freedom
Dream
Love
Live

Close-Up of the 2009 Chest:

I printed of a 'free' image of a an old trunk, glued it on light cardboard then cut it out with an exacto knife. Attached the chain and locks with (my favorite) Craft Goop. Then attached the whole sh-bang to the page with more Goop. Added a skull & cross bones rub-on.

Close-Up of the 2009 Keys... being tossed:

Attached with... you guessed it! More Goop!

Close-Up of the title:

Lips and Crown are rub-ons... The 'M' is actually a 'W' I thought it made more of a statement than the little 'm' that came with that set. The 'Y' is a 'V' trimmed off with the top curl from a 'G'... again, just more oompf!

7 comments:

lara said...

those keys are delicious and your attitude KICKS ASS!!!!!!!! I hope you feel better soon and share more with us in the gutter!!!

Patti H said...

Love your take on this challenge. Thanks for playing in the gutter with us

Nikki said...

OMG! Love the title! great page! thanks for playing along!

Anonymous said...

Great layout! Thanks for playing :)

Unknown said...

FAN-Tastic! Love the details on the chest and the keys and the sentiment behind the lo! Good luck to you this year!!!

Unknown said...

Feel better soon!!! Love that chest! Awesome! Thanks for getting down with us in the Gutter!

Becky said...

awesome job!