BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gutter Girlz Challenge: Prompt #33

Rumours of my death are not nearly as exaggerated as they may seem. ;O)
Due to a condition I have as a result of kidneys that no longer work 100% I take a medication to help process purine and unfortunately the major side effect is that it lowers my white blood cell count. We've had a few drippy noses and coughs this season but luckily nothing too serious, still it takes me longer to recover than everyone else. This time we got a WHOOPER of a bug. I'm into week 2 with no end in sight... yet. So I've been sleeping and whining, whining and sleeping... enough already!
I dragged myself to my crafting 'nook' and made myself work today...
I worked on the newest Gutter Girlz Prompt:
http://guttergirlz.blogspot.com/search/label/Challenges
THE PROMPT:
Kiss My ASS
THE SONG:
Bad Reputation by Joan Jett
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE:
Chain"


I LOVED doing this... lots of fiddly little bits & pieces...
This is the final Full 12 X 12 page:

Journaling:
2009 was the last year of my old painful life.
I've locked that time away and thrown away the key...

An' I only feel good
When I got no pain
An' that's how I'm gonna stay
~Joan Jett~ Bad Reputation

2010 is the year I take charge...
This is the year I'm doing what I want to do.
not what the world wants me to do!

An' I'm only doin' good
When I'm havin' fun
An' I don't have to please no one
~Joan Jett~ Bad Reputation

This year everyone can...
kiss MY ASS-itude!

Rub Ons:
Freedom
Dream
Love
Live

Close-Up of the 2009 Chest:

I printed of a 'free' image of a an old trunk, glued it on light cardboard then cut it out with an exacto knife. Attached the chain and locks with (my favorite) Craft Goop. Then attached the whole sh-bang to the page with more Goop. Added a skull & cross bones rub-on.

Close-Up of the 2009 Keys... being tossed:

Attached with... you guessed it! More Goop!

Close-Up of the title:

Lips and Crown are rub-ons... The 'M' is actually a 'W' I thought it made more of a statement than the little 'm' that came with that set. The 'Y' is a 'V' trimmed off with the top curl from a 'G'... again, just more oompf!
Post a Comment