BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Journal Prompt: If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?

Worked on a prompt today for a Facebook group I'm in:
If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
Ended up writing a letter to my 22 year old self. 

 Finished Page with letter poking out... 
It can be tucked all the way in. 
Letter was about 'Holding On' it will ALL be worth it in the end. 

 Close up of envie addy deets.
 

Made a paper copy of my hand... tried my best-est to draw in my wedding/engagement rings.
My 'letter' was telling my 22 year old self, who was at the 1st signs/stages of an abusive marriage, that a loving marriage IS possible and to hold on... because there would be 4 beautiful-special-lovely boys from what was to come. To hold on and stay strong I *would* make it through the next decade and survive.
 
  
Sprays... and sprays and stencils!
On a sealed envelope and all the extra spray on stencils was smeared on the background page. 
Waste-not Want-not.

 More stencils... and sponged paint.

 After Paint.

 More spray and stencils...
I wanted it to look like a Rose Garden... 
Part of the letter was about pretty things growing from the s**t (ie fertilizer)

 Attached the envie on 3 sides (open on top) with double sided tape... to leave a pocket for the letter. Sponged some white around where the envie was going so it would POP.

No comments: