BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Journal Prompt: Sylvia Plath Quote

 Created for the weekly prompt from one of my favorite art-sy Facebook groups:

Your prompt is a quote from my favorite poet Sylvia Plath 
"You're..... Clownlike, happiest on your hands, feet to the stars"
Illustrate, or portray in your own style.
********

After yesterday's Dark Goddess piece I wanted light & FUN!

Started with el-cheapo 8 1/2" X 11" cardstock.
Layered pattern papers...
Then stenciled with paint...
Then sprays and more stencils...
 Then more sponged paint...
Sketched and outlined an image...
Paint colored...
Re-traced for definition...
Finally added the printed quote and outlined it too.

Hadn't planned for so many layers... this morning I could not get my BIG jar of Gel Medium open so I had to resort to Mod Podge. Don't get me wrong... MP has it's uses, just don't lurrrve it on anything I plan to write over. So I added more flat-matte paint to compensate for the 'sticky' and printed the quote instead of writing it.

 Final Scan:





 

 







No comments: