BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

NaNoJouMo Day 1: Take Flight

Decided to 'take the plunge' and join one of the maaaany month long November activities popping up all over...

Not ready for the stress of NaNoWriMo... I'm in total jaw-dropping awe of my friends who are or have in the past participated. Just W-O-W! Good for you, you are frackin' awesome!

Growing a mustache is not possible... Thank-God! If one ever does shows up I'm ripping that sucker off instead of collecting pledges, sorry. lol

Stumbled across NaNoJouMo... *bing!* Right up my alley:

"This November, you will see the return of NaNoJouMo to D’Blogala. What is it, you ask? Well, let’s take a trip down Memory Lane, to the post two years ago that started it all:

I was just contemplating my own version of NaNoWriMo. (For those of you unfamiliar with this term, NaNoWriMo is held during the month of November, encouraging writers everywhere to write a 175-page novel by midnight, Nov. 30.) At first I thought of NaNoCroMo, where I would crochet a certain amount every day during November...I think I will try to do that, but I’m also starting NaNoJouMo, an idea borne out of a Twitter conversation between myself and Pam McClung and brought to fruition here...It stands for National Nonstop Journaling Month!

Each day during November, I will post a word to get you art journaling. A journal jump of sorts—one word a day to inspire or get you thinking. The goal is to journal SOMETHING in your art journal. DOESN’T HAVE TO BE A FULL PAGE...can be a doodle, maybe painting some backgrounds, doing some collage...just SOMETHING every day in your art journal during November. Even if it’s just moving a pencil across the page in a crooked line...

Nothing earth-shattering.

You may say, “Dawn, WHY should I do this?”

Well, I know some of us (many, let’s be honest) have a difficult time getting started. Sometimes we just need a kick in the pants to encourage us. I also want you to learn how to journal a little at a time. Art journaling is an activity that can be done in spurts. You don’t have to create an entire page or spread in one sitting. I have pages in all stages of production! And it’s OK!

So get out that handmade journal, Moleskine, notepad, composition notebook, or whatever you’re using as your art journal right now. If you have several in the works, that’s OK, too! You can pick a different one each day! Just get ready to art journal!!!!

Who’s in?"

Sooo... That's what I'm doing!

I started my pages on time but didn't get a chance to snap pictures because the www.Landfillart.org project was spread across the Studio and sucking up my time. I'm going to post them 1 at a time starting...

NOW!

Page is 8 1/2" X 11"

Day 1: Take Flight.

No comments: