BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

William's Home!!!

Another non-crafty Post.
Yesterday we had our final meetings at CHEO and William's dismissal meeting.
I must say the final meeting was... surreal.
Imagine a conference room that can hold 16. We were 12.
6 doctors and other health care professionals on one side.
Down the other side:
2 parents
Crossroads worker
School Principal
William's classroom Teacher
and the school's Resource Officer.
(...and a partridge in a pear tree! lol)
A LOT of people for 1 little boy.
We came home with multiple copies of all the final reports to pass along to the required parties. LOTS to read & re-read ourselves. Mind boggling really the material. Dr's like to talk a lot... lol. I find reading all this they like to to repeat, repeat, repeat... most of these reports could be 1/2 the length or less if they just wrote it once. So my head feels like it's going to explode with information.
The basics though are the diagnosis is correct:
ADHD, ODD and some anxiety with violent tendencies.
He's now on 2 new meds and one was kept the same. There are new morning & nighttime routines that involves a parent being almost exclusively 1 on 1 with him. THAT will be harder because Greg is usually gone from 3-4 in the afternoon til 2-3 in the morning, then he sleeps til noon. I will do my damnest but I am only 1 person. I only wish Me, Myself & I could split up and each take a piece. LOL
But my little Boy is home again and that is the really important part.
Tomorrow is his Birthday too!

No comments: