BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Elements: Self Guided on Book of Days Premium

So stoked to be starting a new Art Journaling Course on Book of Days in the Premium group...
Elements: Self Guided
We'll be working through the elements (air, fire, water, earth and spirit) as the coordinating seasons come. 

Today I got my composition book prepped and ready to go!
 
I'm a gomer who suck-eth at slowing down long enough to take 'as I go' pictures so there isn't much 'in progress' to show.
This is the Book pre-makeover, with the binding taped as a guide. I cut handmade Mulberry Papers in the matching colors to make blocks on the front and back.
Wanted a circle for the spirit spot so I traced a CM cutter template with water and ripped it out.
 Then *poof!* we're out of 'in progress' pictures and it's all done. lol 
Attached the blocks front and back with glue stick. Was really pleased with the Air/yellow, it's very thin and the book shows through underneath, luv it. Between the blocks I laid down strips of black cardstock and also 'framed' the outside edges with thicker pieces. The spirit spots were a bit sheer so they are layered over smaller printer paper circles. The spine is also recovered in black cardstock. 
The following the instructions in the course I tied cords through much of the book (about every 7 pages) and tied then off along the spine. I used embroidery floss is the 5 colors (red, blue, green, yellow and white) plus a deep plum.Once they were all tied on I used a comb to separate the threads. 
Yes, I combed my book! lol
Then I *really* had some fun with the tabs. They are folded over black cardstock, punched out with an image to match the element and 'filled' with a scrap of printer paper colored with rubbed ink in the element color:
air-star-yellow
fire-sun-red
water-umbrella-blue
earth-leaf-green
spirit-swirl-pink-ish
Glued pages together for each 'tabbed' part. In the end there are 8 pages for 'arting' after the 1st tab and 3 pages for 'notes' after the 2nd in each element. 
The final touch was the Hearts which are a broach I tore the pin off the back of and glue-gunned on. 
I'm soooooooo in love with this book. *squee*
It turned out waaay better then I had pictured it. Go Muse!
and I Sarah... am a Mulberry Paper Addict. Love the texture, colors and look so much... 
My book is fuzzy.
Just want to love it... 
and cuddle it... 
and call it... 
DONE. :O)





3 comments:

Karen Isaacson said...

gorgeous book!

KanataNewf said...

Really love what you did with the cover. Makes me want to get out my stash of mulberry paper and do something pretty with it. Have fun filling your book!

Anonymous said...

I'm CRAZY about the tabs. CRAZY. LOVE.