BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Mystery Project: ART HOUSE CO-OP & PRISMACOLOR What happens when you make a stranger's day?

I finished it!
About a month ago I got a kit for The Mystery Project  in the post from The Art House Co-op and Prismacolor. After much pondering and several weeks of being sh-tuck in bed to thunk on it I came up with an idea to go with the unusual prompt I had received.

This is a scan of my finished project... 
Pen drawing on a 6" X 8" hard-backed canvas board. 


Before you get all confuzzled...
This was the assignment (which I gladly chose to accept!):

 The Mystery Project

What happens when you make a stranger's day?

This week's final free project in the 10 x 10 Series is a collaboration with our friends at Prismacolor.
The Mystery Project challenges artists to experiment with the unexpected. 
Every participant will receive a mystery project kit, which includes a free Prismacolor Brush l Fine Art Marker in a surprise color and a secret theme to guide your work. 
Create a token of inspiration using the tools in your kit — it could be a drawing, a zine, a sculpture, or a collage — then install it in a public place for a stranger to discover. 
Just remember to document your mystery project and send us a photograph! 
We'll share your creative surprises with the entire community online.

  
My kit contained:
Color: 
Leaf Green
Theme: 
If tomorrow came yesterday. 
huh?! Hence the need to thunk on it  a bit. lol

After being sh-tuck in bed (chronic pain issues) and watching more than a few Doctor Who episodes thanks to Netflixs and my lovely laptop... 
*bing!* 
There it was... 
Fantastic!

I choose the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker, for my project...  
Everyone remembers *their* first Doctor and Tom Baker was mine. 
"jellybaby?"
Started by taping off the outer edges of the canvas board with masking tape, then made a pencil sketch from an internetz photo, when done I outlined it with a fine black permanent black pen and then erased all the guiding pencil marks.

Next I used the Leaf Green Prismacolor marker from the kit to add a funky swirly background around the good Doctor.

I also used the Prismacolor marker to color in a few sections on that ever famous scarf... 
Filling the rest in with other markers in the 'right' colors and colored his badge. 
HAD to take a picture at this stage... it just looked SO cool!

Colored the rest of the Doctor in and then filled out the background with a couple of shades of green to compliment the swirls. 
...and Ta-Da! 
All Done. 
Signed, Dated and almost ready to go.

Finished it by printing sh-tuff to paste on the back...
Glued it on and added a 'frame' using the Prismacolor marker.
Reads:

The Mystery Project
ART HOUSE CO-OP & PRISMACOLOR
What happens when you make a stranger's day?
This free project in the 10 x 10 Series is in collaboration with our friends at Prismacolor.
The Mystery Project challenges artists to experiment with the unexpected. Every participant received a mystery project kit, which included a free Prismacolor Brush l Fine Art Marker in a surprise color and a secret theme to guide their work. They then created a token of inspiration using the tools in their kits — then installed it in a public place for a stranger to discover.
CONGRATULATIONS!
IF YOU FOUND THIS YOU GET TO KEEP IT!
Artist: Sarah Cooper
Color: Leaf Green
Theme: If tomorrow came today yesterday.
*after picture* 
Goofed and wrote TODAY so I put a pen slash through it and wrote in YESTERDAY.

Then the really FUN Part!
The drop... "Allons-y!"

Placed my project at the Pinecrest Chapters here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Wandered for a bit looking for the *right* place... Science Fiction/Fantasy fer sure... but where?
Not too high... Not to low... not where anyone would see me doing it and snapping pictures.

Perfect!
The book beside it had two characters on the cover that reminded me of the newest (eleventh) Doctor and his companion Amy Pond. The ginger charging ahead and the dapper man in the suit... 
You can almost hear it: "bowlers are cool, I wear bowlers now". lol
Thank-You for popping in to see the end of The Mystery Project 
and 
HUGE Thank-You to The Art House Co-op and Prismacolor for the chance to participate. It was FUN!

*****Note******
Put my email on the back so IF I hear anything from whoever 'found' it I'll update this post!

UPDATE!!!!!!! 
*squeee!*
 This makes me SO happy!
Thursday May 31st... got an email:
  
Hello Sarah,

I found your artwork in the Chapters Pinecrest in the Teens section! It's amazing and I think it's so cool that I found it! I just wanted to let you know, since your email is on it and you'd probably like to know if your artwork got found. You really did make my day, and the worker at Chapters, too! :)

Thanks and just wanted to let you know!


:) Gillian (A Stranger)


2 comments:

Georgie Horn said...

How cool is that project! Congrats on a great project. Come by and LIKE my new facebook fan page.

http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/05/sizzix-snowflake-giveaway.html

KanataNewf said...

I may just have to swing by there on my way home from work tomorrow to see if it is there or not! This is just....WOW!