BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 155

Wednesday has arrived. 
Time for WOYWW at:
Go on over and see what everyone else is up to.

This week looks much the same as last week. In fact when I ventured in to take a picture and post it looks like it's cleaner than I left it, one of the boys must have tidied a spot to work in and someone flipped the calendar over. 
Made it through Comiccon with teeth gritted into a perma-smile last weekend and got the one project done (Brooklyn Art Library thingie). Been in a *lot* of pain since then and my doctor has me trying a new-to-me med, which has given me a temporary (?) lobotomy. Has me sleeping alot (16+ hours most days), eating when someone reminds me or brings food, reading... then re-reading what I read 1/2 hour later and it's all new again, can't remember anything and that irritates me. Always been a morning person and now all I do is sleep... 'function' for maybe a 1/2 hour at a time' and then sleep some more. Sleep is the only time it doesn't hurt.
 My hubby is the greatest and my kids are so frackin' awesome. The house may/may nor be a disaster (don't care), but I am being well taken care of.
We've had close-friends over a couple of nights for TV catch-up, managed to drag myself together for those. Really enjoyed the visits but both left me feeling drained the following mornings. 
As the Doctor ordered:
Need to rest and not push myself, lesson learned, though lesson hard to follow.
The boys have had free-reign of my Facebook account to play my games and let me know to go wish someone happy birthday (deepest apologies if I missed you in the past week-ish). 
Not intentionally ignoring anyone, Sad truth is: 
I likely can't remember who you are or how I know you at present. Had some interesting '20-questions til I recognize' you phone calls. ;O)
Have done nothing art-sy from the 14th onward, my Book of Days ends at the 9th. Haven't had enough 'oomp' to even think about picking up a pen to doodle. Just 'meh'.
OK... read and re-red this post so hopefully enough read throughs has made is read-able to someone other then me. lol
This to shall pass. 
Just need healing time and maybe a different med. :O) More bloodwork and some tests this week so we'll see. *yawn* already tired again.

Promised myself to stay up to date with WOYWW through 2012... so...
Ta-Da this is it:
oh! and YES the ladybugs are pencil sharpeners (up their bums, oh!) 
and the wings open up to calculators.
But really I've been here... 
and heading back there right now:
 
Mom Update:
Slow improvement and steady...
She also has an initial look-see appointment for physio this week.
(My hubby, Greg, pushed her... thank-god)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wending positive thoughts your way for everyone in your family...#148

Rita said...

Hope you get good results when your meds are finished Sarah. Sometimes sleep is what your body needs to make you stronger. Hope to see you back with a messy desk sometime soon. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx 67

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! Look at that stack of books on the bed stand. I hope you are feeling better soon, but rest is actually very healing and important. If you have a hard time slowing yourself down then maybe meds that force you to do so are the think. The pencil sharpeners make me smile. I have a kitty pencil sharpener--same thing, up the bum! Then it meows at you!

Jackie said...

great desk :)

CraftygasheadZo said...

All you can do is listen to your body and do what feels right. The whole new med thing I know well, it takes time, so all I can say is to send positive thoughts and hope each day is better than the last. Hugs. Take care & enjoy WOYWW, hoping your Thursday is a lovely one! Zo xx 80

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hoping you feel better soon! Some days you just gotta rest! Hugs!

Jeannie #75

May said...

I do hope you feel much better soon.. rest well... Hugs May x x x#30

Unknown said...

sleep is the best healer...hope you feel netter real soon...lady bugs are cute!

KanataNewf said...

really hope you feel better soon. I miss checking out your latest artwork.

Eliza said...

When your body is screaming out for sleep then that is what you have to give it. Rest and I hope your results are good.

Eliza #49
queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au