BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Soulistry: A Spirituality of Play (and 29 Faces)

It seems Face # 9 snuck into my Soulistry Journal today... she's Windy!

 

 This section was about 'celebrating holy uselessness'... ie. PLAY.
So that's what I did... sat down with no plan, no scheme, no ideas and just started.
Primed my book then looked around for something to start adding...
Paint! It was in the carrier by my feet... just reached in at random, yanked a color out, squirted it on, then reached for another. 14 in total.

Then I finger painted...

Once that was dry I started looking for patterns, pictures or anything (and apparently anyone...) that popped out. Started doodling over with 3 different black markers and 2 white... 
Pure Play

I also added journaling... it reminded me of one of my boys favorite books. 
'My Many Colored Days' by Dr. Seuss.
Video of the book being read:
 





5 comments:

Unknown said...

love love love this page!!

scrapwordsmom said...

Such a beautiful page...and I enjoyed seeing it come to life.

Leslie

lizmaynz said...

wow I love this huny boy you had fun it's amazing how seeing someone else let go and jump out side the box just makes me so more excited to have ago I just have to wait until i can buy some more paints i only have $20 a fortnight to use on myself as I'm on a invalids benefit so budget is tight luv looking at your stuff:O)

ArtZest said...

Love this page. I need to finger paint. I always find a brush is limiting. Love Windy too.

Misty Frederick-Ritz, Contemporary Artist & Instructor said...

WOW! Love the colors and this journal spread...very nice!