BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dragon's Dream TIO #64 - Impress it On

Dragon's Dream TIO #64 - Impress it On

So, Happy New Year to you all, and I hope we will have a good year at TIO... let's get on with this first tag of the new year. I would like you to dream in impressions this time... so you could use friendly plastic, like my example, here, or you could use UTEE, or Angelina fibres, or wax... lots of things to impress with your stamp. So please impress it on somehow, using at least one real stamp.

***********************************

I ended up using several stamps... some are not readily recognizable though.
I started with a 4" Chipboard circle, inked it heavily in oranges and yellows.
I then stamped many Gears in browns on it. (gel-a-tins Get in Gear set)
Then coated it in Top Boss and UTEE, heated and then did it again.
I then stamped a clock and several gears into the still warm & liquid UTEE. The stamp was coated in dark brown pigment ink. (Stampin Up! Sense of Time set)
I then heated it again, sprinkled some Copper and Vintage Verdigris powder on, heating one more time. While this was liquid I stamped it with the heart coated in Red pigment ink. (SU! Listen with the Heart set)
Finshed with the metal Love sign and copper brad-hanger.
I took several pictures but it's hard to see the layers.
They all 'float' above each other and the piece is quite thick & heavy.
Wall Hanger, not a Tag! lol




2 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

What a fantastic patina-effect you achieved on your project. Definitely 'impressive'

Dragon said...

Yummy colours for your lovely tag and so unusual. Thanks for dreaming with me this new year
Frankie
xx