BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One Powerful Hour: Warm Winter Wishes

One Powerful Hour:
Thursday Challenge where the goal is to create your piece from start to finish in 1 hour.
Any form of art can be made:
paper, fabric, mixed media, altered art etc...
ATC's, 4x4's, Cards, Inchies, whatever floats your boat.
Add your art to your blog,
then post a direct link under the comments section to share with others.
Most importantly Have Fun!

*******************************
My Pick this week at One Powerful Hour:
Warm Winter Wishes
Think sweaters, toasty fires, cocoa, warm blankets and fuzzy socks.
I'd like you to focus one some of the WARMER aspects of winter.

I redecorated a package of Tetley 'Warmth' Tea,
it's a gift for a friend that's been feeling down.
I recovered the container in some scrap paper from doing my Ali Edwards December Daily picturing flowing snow kills, wee trees and a cottage.
The stamp sets used are both Stampin' Up!: Snowflakes ('Warm Winter Wishes') and Espresso Yourself ('Your friendship warms my heart' & cups) I used these to stamp a 'strip' on another scrap that I also wrapped around the tin.
The tag is layered not with pattern paper but more scrap rubbed in several shades of ink... I wanted a 'fuzzy sweater' feel/look.
Tag attached with matching brown ribbon, all stamping is done in dark brown)


1 comment:

fairyrocks said...

You have a generous heart Sarah,
I had an hour last evening to make a card, It was moving right along till I smudged the dedicationin...grrr now its a do over :o(