BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Three Muses - Artist of Choice

The Three Muses - Artist of Choice

My Pick was Greg Hildebrandt.
http://www.brothershildebrandt.com
I've been enchanted with his work ever since I started collecting cards when I was very, very young. I still have my whole Greg Hildebrandt set from the 80's. I also have a copy of The Phantom of the Opera illustrated in his sketches and paintwork... they're gorgeous.
He has illustrated 4 years running of The Lord of the Rings calender, many Pin-Up works, Childrens books, The Star Wars New Hope poster and many, many, many of Magic: The Gatherings RPG Game cards.
I gathered some snips of pictures that I remember most and a pencil sketch he made of himself together in this Artist Postcard.

Post a Comment