BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Three Muses - Artist of Choice

The Three Muses - Artist of Choice

My Pick was Greg Hildebrandt.
http://www.brothershildebrandt.com
I've been enchanted with his work ever since I started collecting cards when I was very, very young. I still have my whole Greg Hildebrandt set from the 80's. I also have a copy of The Phantom of the Opera illustrated in his sketches and paintwork... they're gorgeous.
He has illustrated 4 years running of The Lord of the Rings calender, many Pin-Up works, Childrens books, The Star Wars New Hope poster and many, many, many of Magic: The Gatherings RPG Game cards.
I gathered some snips of pictures that I remember most and a pencil sketch he made of himself together in this Artist Postcard.

2 comments:

Ozstuff said...

Hi Sarah! I didn't know of this artist until you introduced me to him through your most beautiful collage. It seems he is not stuck in one style and his artpieces are wonderful.

Thanks so much for taking part in this week's challenge! (Will be sending you a reminder about Take a Word's challenge for February 7 in a few days. I have your picture, of course, but it is just so you don't forget to post it on your blog the day before the challenge so I can add a direct link to it for people to leave their comments. It is such a lovely piece).

indybev said...

Like Marie, I was not familiar with this artist. Thank you for sharing his work. Your collage is a fitting tribute. I'm glad you joined our challenge this week!