BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 25, 2011

Portal #2: Welcome to Wonderland...

Today being the last day Portal #1 is up at *Steampunk 'The Penny Dreadful' Art Show* it seemed a fitting time to reveal Portal #2.
Portal to Steampunk Teaopia, and 1 of the other projects, will be on it's way home after tonight's show closer.
Nothing will be getting unpacked because they're all going to the Canadian National Steampunk Exhibition (CNSE), when we go up at the end of April, to be displayed there.

I will be posting Portal #2 for Sale on Etsy as soon as I get shipping costs figured out. Portal #1 will go up for sale after CNSE is over.
(May 2nd-3rd-ish)

Plus I wanted to get this project in for both the
*Welcome to Wonderland* Challenge on Scrapbook.com and
The Altered Alice Chapter #2: (#2 how fitting!): Hall of Doors Challenge
Time, in typical Alice Fashion... is running out for both and I don't want to be late! ;O)


For those who haven't seen the 1st Portal Project here is the Portal Description (again) with the measurements for this one:

Portal: Base: 20 inch X 5 1/2 inch
Height: 17 1/2 inch
Pictured on a Table but can also be hung on a Wall. (wire)

Q: What is a Portal? A: A Portal is a Door.

Q: Door to where?
A: Open the door and find out.
Second in a series of fantastical Doors (ie. Portals) that when opened give you a glimpse at another time...
another place...
another space... You don't know what's on the other side til you open the Door.
You want to know, don't you.
Go ahead... Open the Portal

Portal #2:
Welcome to Wonderland
I have only shared a few picture here (10, there are 43 in total) the rest can be seen HERE:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keepsakescrafts/sets/72157626344494162/
There are LOTS of pictures up close, of the finer details.
I don't want to post too many on the Blog just in case Blogger can blow-up from Digi-Overload! ;O)

I tried very hard to include as many characters as I could:

The Walrus and Carpenter, Birds, Lizard, Dinah, Talking Flowers, White Rabbit, Alice, Griffin, Mock Turtle, Lobster, King, Knave and Red Queen, Pig Baby, Alice, The Cheshire Cat, White Queen, Lion and the Unicorn, Forest Knights, The Tweedles, The Blue Caterpillar, Dormouse, March Hare and of course... The Mad Hatter.
I missed a few (Cook, Duchess, Card Soldiers...) it was already a pretty crowded place here in Wonderland.

It's like an iSpy...
*Who can you find?
*What Scenes are represented?
*Are you SURE you've seen it all?
Look again! lol

As with all my larger projects most of it is made from Throw-Away sh-tuff:
Garbage, 2nd Hand Store Finds, FreeCycle, Donations etc...
All Paper Elements are mounted on Cereal Box Board
Door is Re-purposed, as are the Antique Door Fixtures.
Backing is Press-board from broken shelves and the Wood for the frame was Scrap.

But enough of my babble...
Have a Look...
and
Enjoy!










BONUS PICTURE:
This is the Portal juuuust as I started it.
The back is papered in Old Book Pages.
The 'grass' is Electronic Boards.

9 comments:

Andrea C said...

friggin brilliant x

Zue said...

It's a mad, mad , mad, mad world. Wonderful!!
Sue xx

BarbaraW said...

Absolutely awesome. There's so much here. I'm really partial to the Cheshire cat, but everything is fantastic. Thanks for joining our challenge at the Altered Alice.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love your idea....love the Cheshire Cat...lol

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Espetacular seu projeto...
a porta...tudo ficou formidavel
fabuloso!

CuddlyBunny said...

UNBELIEVABLE! That's what this creation is!

Every time I see it, I find another bit that surprises and pleases!

I hope you have displayed this somewhere that people open the little door and say "OH!"

... really it makes me smile just thinking about it ... :)

CuddlyBunny said...

Oop! I also meant to give *congratulations* for being an honorable mention winner!

Tambo said...

Oh this is so great! I especially like the Cheshire cat in the tree, but there is so much detail to go over it all. I just love it!

Ginny said...

I adore this, wonderful job!