BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Elements: Fire -Passion in Motion

Running a little behind for 'Fire Week' in Elements... 

 The basic run-down without getting into the course specifics were to:
 *Focus on a 'burning  desire' 
*Then ART the living crud out of it... 
NO thinking allowed once you start making a mess!

...and it had to be to a soundtrack we created specific to this lesson. 
(I've included some YouTube links to a few select songs off my soundtrack below)

 Layers upon layers... and a HUGE mess in the Studio later...
My piece:

 

Tried to remember to stop and take a few photos as I went.

Paper Collage Layer...
 
 Splashed on some paint... 
 Then folded the pages over and squished...
 Grabbed a leftover sheet I'd cut stars out for another project on and Glimmer Misted. 
Then flipped the wet sheet over and pressed it into the other side...
 More paper elements added and candy wrapped foil...
Then I highlighted a bit with pens and added the title. 

Soundtrack Sampling:

Sarah McLachlan - Into The Fire

Lie to me - Theme Song

Albannach - Hornpipes (Live)

Loreena McKennitt -Beltane Fire Dance





1 comment:

Cara said...

Lovely work, as always!