BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 13, 2012

The Red Key: Nightgown Painting.

When you get up in the morning, before you get dressed...
Slip off to the easel or art room or your journal. 
And take 15...5...even 1 minute to put brush/pen/lips to
canvas/paper/journal before the to-do-list mind clicks in.

Pull out your journal right now and ask her
"Dear Muse -what time is the best time for us to sneak off and be together?"
****
Well this morning was the perrrrfect time for this! 
We're now on Greg's 'summer schedule' which has us going to bed between 2-4 AM and getting up at 11-ish-y AM. Works out well now that we've established a good family rhythm:  
The boys get up earlier and have cereal, play, make a mess etc... 
We get up have Lunch with them, Greg leaves for work...
Then EVIL MOM makes everyone clean up.  
I like it. 
But this morning the boys were quite rambunctious and LOUD and woke us up before 7 AM. 
Greg went back to sleep but I could not... 
Near us last night there was a rather large fire in the Bush along one of the nature trails. We'd been smelling the, not that unpleasant, aroma of wood smoke all evening... but waking up all of a sudden *with* the smell of fire all about gave my system *too* much of an adrenaline jolt, soooo no more sleep for me! 
Got up, got caffeinated and started to ART... in my Nightgown. 
Found out:
Sleep Deprivation + Copious Coffee = Muse Fuel!
Ended up with a painting of myself and my Muse working late into the 'Starry Night'. Almost all my ART-ing gets done in the wee hours, after gloaming, when the smallest of my four boys are asleep for the night...
 
Inspiration!
  
Me, in my Nightgown...
...and my Muse. 
 BONUS:
Leftover paint smeared on a canvas board and textured paper sheet... for later use!

No comments: