BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Red Key: Show Me (I) and my very 1st hand-cut stencil!

WHAT IS YOUR MUSE TRYING TO SHOW YOU?
OPEN YOUR EYES AND YOUR JOURNAL...
DOODLING
SKETCHING
PAINTING
OTHERING
*your* way IN
*****

 *bounce bounce bounce* 
All excited... made my very 1st hand-cut stencil for this!
The imagery of a Keyhole keeps coming up again and again in my art and I wanted a Big A$$ Keyhole that could be traced, sprayed etc... that was almost all of a page. 
Printed off a suitable design and taped it to the underside of a 12"X12" piece of scrapbooking acetate. I have a ton of these that have come in page kits and are just not my thang'. Seeing many more stencils in my future. *wink wink* Used an exacto knife, cutting carefully to get it out in 1 piece... so there would be both the 'hole' and 'filler' to use as stencils. It's perfect!!!
 Laid down the filler piece 1st, sprayed and sprayed... Then lifted it and rubbed all the yummy leftover off on another piece of paper for later.
The placed the outline over top and sprayed and stenciled inside the 'hole.
Pen outlined and added some 3D depth with markers... and journaling.
My Muse is still running with the Garden beyond the Gate Theme...
Journaling:
To fully enjoy the wondrous beauty of the roses in the garden of life a little blood may have to be shed on the thorns. If no 'blood' is shed, no pain endured than one may not fully appreciate what one has earned with the struggle to tame the obstacles. A goal is all the sweeter met when earned.

 Tape and Cut...
 Spray and Flip... 
Rubbed extra off on another piece of paper for later...
 Lots of yummy rub-off papers for later!

No comments: