BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Falling Down the Rabbit Hole...


ahhh... I just LOVE the selected Inspiration Poster on From Screen 2 Scrap this month!!!

Alice in Wonderland
The page has to have an Alice in Wonderland Theme with the added criteria:
1. a white rabbit- 1 point
2. a clock or fob watch- 2 points
3. Drink Me bottle- 3 points



I'm so in lurrve with this movie.
Any chance to use it as inspo makes Sarah a very happy gurl!
:O)
I started this layout by using an old Free-Cycled frame for the 'mirror'. I cut the 'glass' from some plastic packaging (My Mother's Day bubble baths), I wanted it a little scuffed and scratched so it looked like older glass. I then glued the photo at the back of the frame with a gap, to get the 'looking through the other side of a mirror' feel.
I marked where the frame was going on the page then started building the 'Rabbit Hole' from there. The Rabbit Hole was created using ripped then inked brown cardstock... I built it up in a spiral coming out from the 'mirror', finishing with green inked Mulberry Paper 'grass'.
The roots are vines off a grapevine wreath.
The flowers are all cardstock stickers ($1 store!) I wanted to get the bright, big flower, chaotic garden feeling from the movie.
Then I started to work on the sh-tuff in the tunnel.
Hats for my many roles, books, housework (ugh!), Kids, my wedding and friends, gardening, my hobbies, my SteamPunk obsession and a few other odds & ends that represent my life.
I have a couple of watches, the white bunny, the bottle, the door and the gold key...
MUCH Alice-ness.
Journaling:
In choosing to Step Through the Looking Glass...
and Falling Down the Rabbit Hole...
I've found my MUCHNESS.


Full Page:


Bottom Left:


Top Left:


Top Right:


Bottom Right:


Center 'Mirror:

Post a Comment