BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 24, 2012

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal: February 15th prompt

THE PROMPT: My Favorite Things
ie: a few of the things you LOVE about someone you love. Can be alive or dead.
THE STUFF: Lists and ephemera
ie: have a few tokens from that someone? Maybe the cover of the CD with "your song" or a napkin from the restaurant you both love to eat at...
THE TECHNIQUE: Pockets
ie: Use pockets to store those "things" on your page.

********
Ended up doing several other 'I love someone cause' style projects recently so I tweaked the prompts for this one. Made it a smatter listing of a few of *my* Favorite things, used vintage ephemera (clip-art) and then a more organized looking list-y in the big pocket.

Even got to 'sneak' one of my newest favorite images in, from Altered Artifacts, she just so durn cute!








4 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

It's awesome!! I had Sound of Music's Favorite Things going through my head as I made this prompt, so the THING list is perfect!

dani said...

This is beautiful! Love the graphics!

Glenda T. said...

Love the old fashioned feel of this!

Carrie said...

this is just a bit too cool. I am totally new to art journalling and i'm a little intimdiated now :)