BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Scrapping the Music Challenge: #161 "Suds In The Bucket"

We are changing gears on your this week with a knee-slappin country song called "Suds In The Bucket" by Sara Evans!!!
We had tons of fun scrapping with this song and hope it inspires you to join in and play along with us!

******************************************************
I started with Burgundy textured (striped) Cardstock.
I stamped some Gears from the Gel-a-tins 'Shifting Gears' set in dark brown around the edges.
(What?! it said changing gears!!!! You knew that was going to get me Steampunking! lol)
Then I glimmer misted it in dark red... heating it with a Heat Gun while it was still wet, did this really close so that I charred the paper.I ONLY do this when it's still very wet so it doesn't catch fire!
The next layer is a sheet of Graphic 45 'Steampunk Debutante' pattern paper.
I ripped it, glimmer misted and and also charred it with the Heat Gun. I really worked around the edges to get curling and a dark rim.
Pictures are sanded and framed on sanded black Cardstock.
Clock Face is Heidi Swapp, glimmer misted on the back and heated for some warping.
Hands are off a real clock, attached with a large Brad.
Mirror Bird was from the $ store.
Tag from 7 Gypsies sanded and Glimmer Misted.
Red Hemp string is Stampin' Up!
Brass Butterfly is from a lot of 'de-golded' jewelry I bought awhile back.Flowers are all Prima, also treated with the Heat Gun for an aged look.
Key and Lock Hole are Keepsakes.
Black Bling is Say it with Crystals.
Journalling:
~Notes~ My wedding Gift for Greg was a Celtic Pocket Watch. A gift of 'Time' to represent our Future together til the end of Our Time. "No you can't fence time, and you can't stop love..."





3 comments:

Peggy said...

This is beautiful Sarah, I love the symbolism of the clock and your journaling. Great work!
xxx Peggy

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful Sarah! I love all the misting and distressing. What a beautiful and precious gift...love the symbolism!!Beautiful story to go with a beautiful LO!And gorgeous photo's too!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrapping The Music!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! Loveeeeeeeee those photos and loving the distressing!!! And PS...I love your quote under the side bar! VERY COOL! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Scrapping the Music! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)