BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 17, 2011

One Powerful Hour: Spring into Autumn

Spring into Autumn

This week Pauline has selected the theme... Spring into Autumn Pauline is moving from Summer into Autumn while many of us are going the other direction Winter into Spring. Gotta love the hemispheres. This week please create a piece based somehow on the phrase "spring into autumn" it can be anything, use a spring, create an autumn colored piece, the possibilities on this one are endless. As always have fun and we can't wait to see what you come up with.
***********
I didn't *spring* fast enough, so I did *fall* behind getting this in as a Design Team Project.
Bu-doom, boom...ching!
I spent so long because this challenge was a bit of a puzzle and I really wanted to do it justice. I like puzzles though and just love a creative challenge!

The hard part was getting the masking done just 'so'... didn't want color bleed between the 2 seasons. I was worried the ink would bleed onto and then under if it was paper. I ended up holding some very thin plastic (used up sticker sheet backing) over to do it... I rubbed the color on directly from my Stampin' Spots.
It worked perfect! (Tuck & File)

Base is a 2nd hand wall hanging (f-ugly!) that was chipped and peeling (f-ugly-ier!) so I gave it a pretty new face lift.
Measure 7 1/2 X 5 1/2 ".
Cardstock, Inks and Sentiment Stamp are all Stampin' Up!
Tree Digi-Stamp was a Freebie I picked up somewhere (laptop stash).
String and Brass Leaf are Stash Sh-tuff.

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

this is so rich and lovely!