BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Soulistry: Doing Good

Got to week #8 is Soulistry through Book of Days Premium. 

The quote this time was:
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” 
~John Wesley~
The questions centered around what 'good' was to us, moments of 'good' etc...
I found this the easiest Soulistry to date, the timing was right.
***
My mind went for my favorite Bible Quote:
"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels."
~Hebrews 13:2~ 
In short, my thoughts are:
 good = kind. 
 ***
I did have another story come to mind and used it for my 'journaling' since it was *just* what I would liked to have expressed, but soooo more succinct than I ever could have expressed in my own words.
 
-Tale of the Two Wolves- A Cherokee Legend
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.
“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”
He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
 
Well worded ---> perfection!
***
On the right I Art Journaled using yet another quote... 
They all just popped out and jumped in the book this time, lol.
When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
~Abraham Lincoln~
 
Hand drawn and colored in with Markers.




1 comment:

LiliansArt said...

I love that quote. So simple and yet very hard to strive for for some people's. Keep creating. Love your work..heArtLilian