BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Soulistry Week 7: Secrets of the Spiritual Life

Feeling a bit better so I decided to start the Art-ing of Soulistry again through the Book of Day Premium Program.
 They are up to week 10, I'm trailing behind having only finished up to week 5 before my health took a hearty tumble downhill. 
That means I have the luxury of picking and choosing what to do, bonus! Started with week 7 since the prompt jumped out and my muse grabbed it happily and danced off to do it...


Journaling side reads:

Week #7 - Secrets of the Spiritual Life
__________
"The Whole secret of the spiritual life is just this painful struggle to come awake, to become really conscious" -The Creed of Christ- Gerald Heard
___________
For me 'coming awake' has been my struggle with/in-between/around my Christian Faith but also my belief and 'worship' of the older Celtic beliefs... Fairies, Nature, Seasons and the turn of the Sun/Moon.
It is a dance and I have several partners...
Sometimes I struggle and trip with one, sometimes I dance fluidly and gracefully with another... then the tune changes and it goes the other way. Each step is part of this dance, each partner to me is as important as the last... or the next. Often we all dance together in a Ring... THIS is when I am at my very best, THIS Harmony Dance is what I wish for. 


Art Journal side reads:

Balance...
Finds a partner or more...
and join the dance...
 I danced in the morning when the world had begun
I danced in the Moon & the Stars & the Sun...
I came down from Heaven & I danced on the Earth...
Dance then, wherever you may be... I am the Lord of the Dance, said He!
and I'll lead you all, wherever you may be, And I'll lead you all
in the Dance, said He! I am the Dance & the Dance went on...


1 comment:

LeavesofLothian.blogspot.com said...

I made the choice to accept my pan-theistic beliefs after a near death experience years ago. I sometimes 'think' of the world as it was before, but I know I'm closer to the Universe now than ever. I worship and study within the Celtic pantheon and was very pleased with your picture and thoughts in the struggle for the Spirit.