BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

3 'little' Projects...

Today we went to the Wake for a very wonderful lady, who babysat my brother and I all through our early School Years. I've been crying on and off all day... bit out of sorts...
I sat down and did a few 'mini' projects to keep my thoughts & fingers from both being idle.
Yes, I do believe that Art makes for very good medicine. :O)

This is my 4X4 for this Weeks 4X4 Friday: Spring Garden.
I love seeing the Crocus' popping their pretty little faces through the dull winter grass...
That's Spring to me!
Pink Mulberry Paper, Clip-Art from an old Garden book and the flowers are shimmered up with a light coating of Pearl White Lumiere.


An Artist Postcard for the Collage Obsession: Beach Challenge.
The towel is Mulberry Paper, sun part of a sticker I doodled over, water bottle & beach ball are stickers... and the whole kit & kaboodle was sprayed with Tuscan Sun Glimmer Mist, to get that Warm Golden Summer Glow.


Another Artist Postcard for Art Creations Friday: #71
I 'tinted' the little girl with washed out paints, sprayed the background in 2 shades of Green Glimmer Mist, the bucket is painted with Silver 3D Crystal Lacquer and the flower centers are Gold 3D Crystal Lacquer.

15 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow wonderful pieces of art.
The ACF girl is awesome. Love them.

Femmy said...

beautiful pieces!! love the acf piece!! great idea to put flowers in her bucket!!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Hello Sarah, so beautiful to see your little lady being painted and still on the easel..Gorgeous. Your blog is excellent and I look forward to seeing more of your lovely art. I have joined your followers and hope you will join me as well. p.s. I loved your word message about living, dying and scrapping. Terrific. Hugs, Gayle (in Canada)

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Love the flowers in her bucket and I love the background.

Elegia said...

Oh, the both pieces are lovely! The beach collage feels so real, I could jump in.

Thank you for joining!

vintage wil said...

Really beautiful piece!!

Hermine said...

Adorable, love the little flowers in the bucket

Sija said...

Wonderful art!

Elizabeth Golden said...

Love the bucket of flowers! The background is great!!

Faye said...

Really gorgeous, Sarah. Love the pail of flowers.

teri said...

I love your sun bathing girl. She makes me feel like summer may actually arrive!

Yvonne said...

Lovely painting!Like the flowers in her bucket

Lunaleee said...

Great idea...you made a wonderful card

Jester said...

It's beautiful!

Kate said...

Sarah, your work is stunning! I'm following you! kate xox