BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pair of SteamPunk 4X4's...

Feeling a little SteamPunk-y today...
Kids are um... present,
so no biggie projects til bed time (for them!)
I did get a couple of 4X4's done though.

This is for the Three Muse, Week 47: Hats and Crowns and Wings and Things
That Prompt just screamed 'STEAMPUNK PROJECT' to me... ;O)
Everything here has been Glimmer Mist-ed.
~Hat in Charcoal
~Background in Tuscan Sun
~Heart & Hat Band in Scarlett
~Wings in Creme de Cacao
~Crown in Pumpkin.
~Letter also brushed lightly with Pumpkin
Wings and Crown are coated in 3D Crystal Lacquer
Hat Band embellished with watch bits... cog, gears ' sh-tuff, topped with a heart.
Gotta Love Steampunk!


This is for 4X4 Friday: Cityscape, the sample was SteamPunk...
which got me thinking! lol
I started with a printed image I sprayed liberally with Tuscan Sun Glimmer Mist over Tim Holtz Cog Masks, I wanted it real wet and runny.
Once that was dry I did a packing tape transfer with the image over brown Kraft Paper.
I love the mist-y way it turned out.


6 comments:

Julia Winkler said...

Very cool!

Taluula said...

Oh these are very nice pieces of steam punk.

indybev said...

Glad you joined our 3 Muses challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with steampunk! Come see us again next week.

Ozstuff said...

Yes, I agree, gotta love steampunk! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge with your great and steamy punk!! Fantastic.
Hope to see you back here from tomorrow (Wednesday) when we have a challenge with the theme of Music.

Limarea said...

Love this, it's great! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! This turned out great! Thank you for sharing! :)