BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Some Art Journal Pages and a Horn-TOOT!!!


First my TOOT!!!!
My Emotional Vampire page won over at Dirty Scraps... I'm so surprised! There were some really cool LO's this time. But I'm happy and honoured!!! *squeeeeeeeeeeal!!!*



lol... ok, on to the Art Journals...

This was for Prompt #16: Ephemera at Heart the Art
I sacrificed a vintage sewing pattern, instructions and the package... I LOVE the look!
Front:

Back:


This is for A Year in the Life of an Art Journal Prompt: Move
I used the lyrics for Move Along by The All-American Rejects.
This was a page I used as a spray background for another project... so the green 'frame' is me being frugal. I then stenciled some swirls on with paint splatter, to meet the paint requirement of the challenge. Then some Heidi Grace Rub-Ons, they had gotten crushed on my trip so they were all cracked. Waste not, Want not... I think they made this page 'work.
Journaling in super-fine sharpie, about how this was my 'mantra' song during the time I was getting getting out of my abusive marriage.


and finally...
This is for Your Life Spelled Out Prompt: Free
I started by layering & layering on paint and ripped papers (think I got about 3 layers deep), then I attached one of our weekly Grocery shopping receipts... this was actually a pretty small one... lol. I washed more paint over the receipt before I started journaling and added a couple of $ -sign Blings.

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooooh! these are *VERY* cool! i absolutely ♥adore♥ that sewing pattern...and the way you've used your "overspray" from another project... (i do that!!!) :) ...and i agree the "broken" rub-ons make that page EVEN BETTER! awesome!