BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 19, 2011

Scrap Our Stash Design Team: August Re-Do Challenge

I decided on a *timely* Re-Do.
We recently suffered what, for myself, has been a devastating loss. Our beloved Brandy Dog passed on June 22nd. It was unexpected as she was healthy and happy the evening before when we celebrated Summer Solstice. We had a great family night, her included, mere hours before she started her walk across The Rainbow Bridge. She was my little girl, my Daemon and the only other estrogen in this house full of men-folk.
I decided as soon as I got the call for this Challenge to do a Memorial Page for Brandy.

This is the finished page:

Done with the same picture as this page:
I stretched myself by using white paper...
I *HATE* white paper with a passion... I blame it on years and years of living in rental units where they don't allowed painting over the 'landlord-eggshell' on the walls. *shudder* Now I do all I can in color, color, color! Every room in our house is painted a different color.
But, I really wanted the Glimmer Mist Rainbow to *POP* so white it had to be.
I cut a template from some damaged cardstock (waste-not, want not) and sprayed each color, heat-gun dried it (impatient!) and then moved the template over for the next color. It turned out just as I hoped: shimmery and iridescent, very 'rainbow-like'.


The 'clouds' are Bo-Bunny Trim.
Mirror Butterflies, Heart and all Bling-age is $-store goodies.
Heart Stick-Pins are Making Memories.
Title Piece was part of a Swap so I'm unsure of the maker.
All Glimmer Mists are Tattered Angels.
Inks used for edging are Stampin' Up!


Now it's your turn to take the August Re-Do Challenge. Take the challenge and you could be chosen for our October Guest Design. See all the details HERE!

No comments: