BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #114

Been a looooong while since I dared post a picture of the creative detritus in my corner of the Studio. Posting this over at Stamping Ground so everyone else can feel better about how not-so-messy their spaces really are. *wink*
I'm still not making much ~in~ the Studio because we're still, yes still... cleaning, clearing and updating the electrics in the house. (blek!)
So let's see what we have today...
On the Left are the Masks I made at the Wet Leather Molding Workshop on Saturday past. GREAT workshop I went to with my eldest son. I'll be posting pictures when I get a chance to finish painting mask #3 and adding some bling & frou-frou to all 3. Usual stuffed bunny posse looking on, with 1 oddity 'Fugly' the we-think-it-may-be-a-fuchsia-monkey Greg won me on our honeymoon . SU! Markers and more markers (in wood box with the iron work insert) I drag around the house for Art Journaling... and my lil'Art Journal on *the* Day-Timer (aka the Yellow Family Bible). Stack of books are clean, pure virgin Journals. $2 each at the $ store! I grabbed a buuunch for both myself and to toss at my 4 boyz to help get us all through the rest of the summer. I love watching them bent over their own lil'books does my Artist Heart proud. :O)
Above it all is the Bag of Freecycle Goodies collected this past week.

In the Bag are both Ostrich Feathers (over 2 dozen!) and Pheasant Feathers (looks like almost a whole bird...) I collected from 2 different Freecycle drops. The Pheasant house also gave me the 2 lil bird nests... *squee* I already gave a handful of feathers away to a fellow Steampunk-er who I KNOW will put her batch to good use. I can't wait to make some sh-tuff with mine!

I already poked a few onto the Mini-Hat I wore at the Canadian National Steampunk Expo...
I think they make it even more fetching...
AND
They add some height... at 5' 1/4" I need all the UP I can get!



10 comments:

Simple homemade living said...

what a fab hat. thanks for shring your desk

laura #59

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh great addition to the hat. And then what will you do with them - am scared to death by such large-ness!

Howe lovely that your boys will use the journals...my DD won't cross the street to be involved..shame huh. Good luck with the ongoing electricals...gotta be done!

okienurse said...

great looking desk and projects today. Love the hat! I have a bunch of journals I need to start working on but always get distracted. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the steampunk hat - the feathers make it all the better!! xx

Angie said...

I was already in love with the feathers ...and then i saw your hat ...absolutely fantastic.

Days End Studio said...

Hats and Masks for most... at least a few feathers will wander into some silk flower arrangements... and fer sure in some of the larger scale Mixed-Media things I get into more over the Winter, like the Portals. :O)

Tertia said...

That is quite a hat you got going there! Love it, but would never have the confidence to wesr it, LOL
Happy WOYWW

HeARTworks said...

It's a hat for a dandy! How interesting!

JoZart Designs said...

fab post as your desk has so much to snoop on... all so interesting. Most of all I love that hat. It's wonderful.
thanks for a late snoop...
joZarty x

Yogi said...

love the ostrich feathers. neat hat. Thanks for the glimpse. Have a great day.