BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Friday Mashup! FM#23 I'm itching to be Stitching!

FM#23 I'm itching to be Stitching!

Along with the back-to-school theme, I've added the additional challenge of stitching. I'm a fiend with my sewing machine, on paper that is, but feel free to use a paper piercer and a marker or gel pen for some faux stitching instead.
So, here's the "Mashup!" challenge:
1. Create a project with "Stitching or Faux Stitching".
2. Or Create a project for "Back To School or a Teacher Gift".
3. Or "Mash it Up!" and create a "Back To School Project with Stitching"!

*********
Decided to try making a Patchwork Apple for the card.
Had no way to 'stitch' so it's all hand drawn sharpie. :O)

Flat cardstocks, stamps and inks are Stampin' Up!
Paper is unknown from a 4" X 4" mini-kit.
Textured cardstock for apple is Bazzill.
Star Bling for the $ store.
Stitching and lettering are Sharpie.


Don't forget to check out my 600th BLOG Post CANDY!
HERE

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Great back to school card Sarah! I like the textured paper for the apple and the stitching you drew looks great!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Sarah, fabulous back to school card, glad you also too the time to mash it up and added faux stitching too. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup. Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Hi Sarah, Great Patchwork idea, looks like a quilt block with an applique apple. Great idea. Thanks for sharing with us at the Friday Mashup.
Cindy GD

Lesley said...

How sweet! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup!

hollybeary creations said...

Faux stitching is just as good as real stitching in my book, who wants to drag a sewing machine out to stitch..lol I know I don't! I really like the way you made the embellishments into a quilt, it came out great! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

Kim P said...

This is so fun! I am also a "faux seamstress" LOL!! Thans for joining us at the Friday Mahup!

Heidi Baks said...

I love your pieced apple and faux stitching. Very creative! Thanks for joining us at the Mashup this week.

jjcreations said...

Awesome patchwork apple! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

jjcreations said...

Awesome patchwork apple! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Plush Possum Studio said...

LOL I'm all for faux stitching--and aren't Sharpies the greatest things since sliced bread?
Love your cheery apple card with its back-to-school theme. Wish I had more time to tackle this challenge with you!
Enjoy your weekend
Rose