BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal: Musical Musings Sept 15th

Musical Musings Sept 15th

THE PROMPT: Memory Lane
THE SONG: You're Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins
Written lyrics HERE
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: photo of a road
******************
So pleased I took this picture as we were heading up the main roadway, leaving the lower court of Old Fort Henry, this past summer. Was sure there would be a good scrapping/journaling use for a shot like this. :O)
Printed the picture off then put the paper back through the printer to add the lyrics. (Read: Not digital image/graphic savvy at all. lol ) Then the printed image was trimmed with my cr@py cutter. Saved this cutter even though it 'eats' paper because it does make a nicer ripped edge than I could ever dream of creating free-hand. Then the edges were sanded to fade them a little...
like a fading memory...

The back ground page was inked and distressed image glued over.
Then the journaling was added over top the image. Tried my best-est to follow along the stones in the walls.
Left is about how/why we take our Summer Family Trips.
Right is about tucking these memories away while we still can.

Don't forget to check out my 600th BLOG Post CANDY!
Draw: Friday September 23rd.
HERE

2 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOVE the photo, Sara!! Great page! I was crying when I made my page too... lol

Glenda T. said...

Sara this is absolutely amazing!!!!!! Love that pic and the journaling!!!