BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Haunted Design House: Macabre Monday HDH104 - I Was Framed!

HDH104 - I Was Framed!



We have a FUN new sponsor this week:
Dilly Beans Stamps!
*******
I put together a little shadow-box frame project...
5 3/4" X 5 3/4" and 1 1/2" deep.


see no, hear no, speak no
EVIL


Shadow box frame was totally unfinished at the beginning:
Spray painted copper then sponged over in black.
Mat was painted black then sponged over in copper.
Mat 'hole' was filled with red paint, then heated several times over with a heat embossing gun so it bubbled and burned a bit. (smelly!)
Skully-Dudes are chopped up Halloween decorations.


The 2nd and 3rd pictures are of the base without the frame, so the details are easier to see without the shine from the sun.









6 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!! BRILLIANT!!!! Love this! Nice and creepy and it gave me a giggle. Thanks for joining the Minions this week. xxD

Creepy Glowbugg said...

WoW! I just love the whole dimensional, mixed media kinda thinig going on here!
I have a MS shadow box very similar to your frame. I'm feelin' inspired now!
Thanks for playing along this week at HDH!

Carol's Creations said...

Very cool project!

Plush Possum Studio said...

LOL!!! That is super!!!! Yu just made my day.
Now to see whether I still have any of that old stuff I might require for something along the same lines......
:)
Rose

Andrea C said...

Fantastic work. Your creations are always fab. xx

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Another wondrous creation Sarah!