BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where were you on September 11th....

The best way for me to express myself is through Art...
An Art Journal page to answer the question:

Where Were You on September 11th...
I had just put my oldest son down for a nap, we got up really, really early then for my husbands job...My Mom called, then my husband to say turn the TV on. My 2nd son was ready to nurse so I sat down with the Boppy Pillow, phone and remote... turned the TV on and OMG... didn't begin to cover it. I watched the LIVE coverage on CNN and was nursing Robert as each tower fell before my eyes. I just held my infant son and cried and cried... even long after he feel asleep in my arms.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh your post makes me cry all over again.

I was living in columbus MS with my hsband who was in pilot training for the USAF. It was the end of his training, his classmates were finishing up their tests and were to receive their assignments on the 13th.

The base was shut down and Kevin brough all of his friends over to our house (since they couldn't leave the base) and we all gathered in front of our tv and watched the event unfold, held our breath knowing what this meant for each individual in the room.

Three days later, everyone got their assignment and we were all off to our seperate bases to train and deploy.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't remember that day, pray for the families who lost loved ones and hope that all the men and women serving in our military come home safely!