BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Art Calendar 2012 366 Challenge: March

Met a goal! Woot!
Said I was going to get January, February and March done for the Art Calendar 2012 366 Challenge... and I did.
So now I can 'leisurely' work my way through 1 a month from here on out.
April in February, May in March... etc...
Just lurving how January is looking almost completely filled in.

Went oh-so girly for March, not much pink but still pretty frou-fy (for me).
Change is good.

Started by coating the Baby Book pages in a (horrible to me) pale lilac color.
This was my pallet for smearing:
White
Metallic Bright Purple
daub of Pink
Pale Lemon-y Yellow
Dry brushed only going up and down this time with the Pink, working into the Purple and then adding a touch of White here and there. One stray streak of Yellow jumped the page too. ;O)

This was the fun part!
Used one of my favorite 'stencils': The venting base off the bottom of an old VCR. I liked the 'hole-y' pattern, it struck my fancy, it's now very-very 'used'.
Sponged the pale yellow, watered down a fair bit... everywhere.

Kept the 'up & down motion' by going long on the page with the dots.
Sponged a bit more here and there so as not to waste the last dribs of the paint.

Then I reached for a Stampin'Up! stamp set that was kinda dusty, used the Batik Print flower with Green StazOn.

Finished it off with the Day Squares; used up more of that ooogly WalMart stack of papers I started using up on January's spread. They look good teeny-tiny and written on, better than gathering dust in the Studio!
Also used more Digital Stamps colored in with Pentel and Stampin' Up! Markers.
March title is cut out from a beautiful shimmering pattern paper I've been hoarding, figure it balances out the paper I don't like, lol. It's cut out with the SLICE which was acting a wee wonky when I started with the 'M', decided to leave it be so they're all a little 'different', happy accident.
All done and ready to get filled in!



Post a Comment