BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 6, 2012

Book of Days 2012: Inside Cover Good-Bye/Welcome

On to the next step in preparing the 2012 Book of Days .
See the right sidebar for a linky to information on this all year long project...
and JOIN!

Yesterday: Got the outside cover all done and started the inside cover...
Had to wait overnight for the super thick paint I daubed on to dry before doing much else.
I wanted color so I went for COLOR!
Was also feeling 'Quote-y' so I was liberal.

Quotes for 2011:

Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past.
Let it go, for it was imperfect,
and thank God that it can go.
~Brooks Atkinson~

Year’s end is neither an end
nor a beginning but a going on,
with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.
~Hal Borland~

For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
and next year’s words await another voice.
~T.S. Eliot~

Quotes for 2012:


“The object of a new year
is not that we should have a new year.
It is that we should have a new soul”
~G. K. Chesterton~

“Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!”
~William Arthur Ward~

The Journaling will be completed later...
Over a nice cup of Vanilla Earl Grey and some of my Mum's Shortbread.




I squeezed 6 lines of paint down the pages then daubed them out with a sea sponge, blending them a wee bit as I went. It's thick and the texture is lovely.


Overnight I also let the envelopes dry. They are cream parchment envies, flaps undone then re-attached to become pockets. Then sprinkled/sprayed with Tattered Angel's Glimmer Mist (some of my bottle won't pump anymore... boo).
The dry envies/pockets were matted on Black Cardstock before putting them in the book.


The Journal Slips are also Black Cardstock.
Quotes printed on the 'puter, then cut out and edged with Black Ink.
The spots to journal on are edged in Ink colors to match the background:
One side in Red/Purple/Blue, the other in Green/Yellow/Orange.



No comments: