BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

No Paper Lay-Out!

I did this 12 X 12 Layout for the Bad Girls No Papers!!! Challenge.
I... of course, made this harder for myself. lol...
I was hell bent on NO paper at all!
So I spent time pondering what to do...
ponder...
ponder...
Feeling a little like Winnie-the-Pooh. ;O)
It's photographed at angle because it ended up shiny.
I used a Fancy Pants Transparent Overlay which I worked on the back of to start.
Added some Making Memories (Chloe's Closet) canvas tags, trimming the metal eyelets off the top, so they'd lie flat. Attaching with Glue Dots.
The photograph is printed on a stiffened canvas sheet. Ready-made to run through a printer. Again, sorry with the angle it's really hard to see that.
I then painted acrylic paint over the swirls & stars on the overlay...
I wanted them to *pop*.
Added felt embellies, ribbon, bling-string, lace, yarn and the 'Play' Sign.
Then I put adhesive around all the edges and laid a layer of light Denim fabric on the back. Trimmed around the edges, not neat, I wanted the 'fluff & strings' showing.
Then flipped it over to the front, added some more ribbon & lace, finishing off by doodling around the photo and journaling with sharpies.

Journaling:
With:
~paint~
~fabric~ribbon~
~paper~yarn~
~pictures~pens~
~metal~wood~wax~
~ink~stamps~glue~
~stickers~JUNK~
~lace~flowers~tools~
~Bling~stone~beads~
~buttons~ etc...
Sarah Likes
Making a...
MESS!!!

Canvas Tags:
Creative
work is
play.
~Stephen Nachmenovitch~

Curiosity

Every child is an
artist. The problem
is how to remain
an artist once
S he grows up. (I added the S!!!)
~Pablo Picasso~



1 comment:

Tyggereye said...

Very cool. All that paint. Nice!