BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #47: Get Creative!


Are you up for the challenge this week?
Well, what are you waiting for ... run to the craft space and 'Get Creating!!!

******************************
I discovered The Shabby Tea room just this past week... so this is my Newbie entry.
I made a Steampunk Card.
shhhhhh!!!
He never reads my Blog so I'm safe, this is Hubby's Valentine's Card this year.
Hallmark has yet to get on those Steampunk occasion cards... shame on them!

I used Krafting Kimmie stamps for the sentiment and figure. Hand colored (Copper hair and Grey eyes like mine) and cut out.
Clock and 'shadow' gears are a Stampin' Up! set.
I started by Glimmer Mist spraying my main background paper, some of my bottles are stuck so I pulled the sprayer out and dribbled the red, orange, yellow and green right from the lid.
Next I used my Gel-a-tins Get in Gear stamps to add some Gears.
Inked in both yellow and green.
Next was some Gear punches in Copper, rubbed down with brown ink to age/grunge a bit.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Cute card - great stmaped background! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Debbie said...

Super cute!! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

Clare said...

great card!! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!! : )