BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Take a Word # 15: BLACKBIRD ~Guest Designer~

I'm the Guest Artist this week over at Take a Word.
The Take a Word Challenge is posted on Mondays each week.
It is based on a one word theme to take you off into your imagination.
The Challenge is open to all kinds of art, there are no rules, no rights or wrongs.
The idea is just to have fun. .
What are you waiting for?
Check the Blog out
HERE
*********************
Take a Word # 15: BLACKBIRD
The word I have chosen for that week is BLACKBIRD.
I love blackbirds in art and I find myself needing to give them an airing every once in a while.
*****************************
Handful of cherries is a pictures I tore out of a Food & Beverage (LCBO freebie) Magazine.
Blackbird was provided for another site's challenge, now part of my stash (unknown origins).
All mounted on Cereal Box Board and inked, inked, inked! (Stampin'Up!)
Fine Line Sharpie used for outlining.

"I value my garden more for being full of blackbirds than of cherries.
and very frankly give them fruit for their songs."
~Joseph Addison~


7 comments:

Ozstuff said...

Sarah, you already know I love your beautiful sample picture for this week's Take a Word. Thanks so much for sharing it with your friends. I know it will be a great inspiration for them. Absolutely scrumptious!

Lori Saul said...

This is wonderful- such a beautiful and natural piece- love the quote as well!

Faye said...

What a super work of art, Sarah. It's lovely.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful piece of art.

Judy said...

Pure nature, Sarah, lovely piece!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Sarah!

Jester said...

Such a beautiful piece, and sentiment. Thanks for such a great sampler!