BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

Art Journal Catch-Up...

ACK! The time keeps slipping away...
I have so many 'Art-sy' things I want to get done, plus our neglected yard, the basement is set for a de-gunging and setting up (Yahooo!!!!) a play/rec room for the kids. The thought of NO MORE kid detritus all over the main floor makes Mummy very, very, very happy... no GIDDY!
Ah well... I need more of me. :O)

I did manage to get some of my over-due Art Journal Pages done today.

This one for A Year in the Life of an Art Journal, Prompt: Tears
Several layers of sponged paint and a re-purposed Greeting Card.


And a Couple of Pages for Your Life Spelled Out.
Prompt: My Hiding Place
I used lots & lots of Modge Podge and pages from several old books.
Layered over with Glimmer Mist and paint. Then Sharpie Journaling.


Prompt: Done!
lol... THIS was interesting. I started by Modge Podging 3 wrappers from Maxi Pads. yup! That's right... Maxi Pad wrappers. They are a soft, tissue-y, textured material that just loved soaking up the paint. I layered several shades of yellow paint and then a touch of bronze...
Then I pressed the SuperGirl cut-out in while the paint was still sticky. Journaling in Sharpie.
I recently acquired a stack of older, well loved comics so expect some cartoon-y goodness in future projects. :O)

No comments: