BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Art on the Darkside #59: Ghost Whisperer

ahhh... this was toughie. I have never watched the show so I'm not 100% sure if my project suits... I sure hope so though! :O)
Art on the Darkside #59: Ghost Whisperer... The suggestion was also to make a 'shrine' which is also a newbie to me, other than a matchbox one which wasn't what I had in mind when I started working.
What I did do was use the iPod case I've been hiding away... it seemed to suit.
I printed off a still from a creepy Halloween screen-saver, reinforced it with black card-stock, quick spritz of Glimmer Mist in a parchment brown and then using the original label as a template... cut it to fit inside the back of the case.
Then I used a scrap from the back ground as 'ground' for my Ghost Whisperer to stand on in the foreground. I sprayed the plastic with a dark blue/black Glimmer Mist and let it dry. My GW is an image snipped from a magazine (gardening), also mounted on card-stock for stability.
Once everything was 100% dry I just popped the case together and sealed it.
You might want to click on the pictures to get a better look without my Blog Background making lines, sorry for the glare... I took about 40 shots and different angles but the iPod box is so curvy it kept picking more & more glare up.




6 comments:

Tyggereye said...

Ooh that is so cool and haunting! I love it. I didn't know you had rats. Too bad you can't have any now. My rats don't get along with our dogs either I just keep em' separate. lol. So they don't get eaten.

Days End Studio said...

Oh yeah, we had a pair of rats when I was married. Then we got a bunny and found out they are VERY territorial. The dog couldn't have cared less about either of the other animals but man... that rabbit wanted those rats GONE.

Linda Gibbons said...

This is so eerie and cool!

Toni said...

love this.... what a great idea to use the case...awesome :)

Julia Winkler said...

This is VERY cool. I haven't seen the show, either but I really like your piece. Seems pretty ghostly to me!

danit said...

Great work!