BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ARTastic Challenge Blog & FS2S! for May.

For ARTastic Challenge Blog:
This months inspiration is 'The Kangaroo' by Garry Shead and DH Lawrence.
The requirements were:
An animal on the page for 2 points: Check!
IF it's an Australian Animal there's a bonus 1 point: Check!

lol... I think I met the extra Bonus quite well...
I was looking for ideas and I stumbled upon The Australian Animal Tarot Deck.
It's gorgeous! So I used 9 different Aussie Animals on my page. :O)
Wondering... if my future is in the cards???

The Main title is Gold Thickers and the rest is written in Sakura Glue Pen, then coated in fine Gold Glitter. Background paper from DCWV 'Once Upon a Time' set.


For From Screen 2 Scrap!:
The Inspiration poster was Fried Green Tomatoes.
The requirements were:
Green Title: Check!
Green & Red as 'featured' colors: Check!
A Tomato somewhere on the page: Check!

I went with a sewing theme... the 1st Tomato thing I thought of was the infamous Tomato Pincushion. I um... did wound one in the making of this page.
I sliced it in 1/2 then attached it to the page along with a thimble, part of a measuring tape, buttons, thread, needle and... of course, some pins! ;O)
The background is 'patched' together out of Photos and Paper. The Stitching between the patches is Liquid Applique I let dry over night then heated to make it 'puff'.
ALL the title is Hand-Stitched (Can you say "owww!!!") with Green Plastic Canvas Wool and Red Embroidery Floss. I ran some lighter Green Paint over the Title to give it a little more 'pop'.
A Family is Patchwork of Love!!!



1 comment:

Tyggereye said...

very cool! I'm going to have to go check that out. That first layout is so great!!