BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 25, 2010

OPH: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...
How I wonder what your are...
We all know the classic nursery rhyme chant.
Here is a chance to let YOUR star shine!
This weeks prompt is anything your Muse desires that includes a star.


I made a decoration for the Christmas Tree.
I started with a plain-jane Chipboard Star. The layered the life out of it!
I inked it with a few shades of yellow, then glimmer misted it all yellow/gold.
Then I used one of the big swirly Fancy Pants stamps and gold ink, covered it in Gold embossing powder and heated.
Then I covered the whole Star in clear ink and Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE) and heated that.
Next I stamped the same stamp in the other direction in silver, covered it in both glitter and Silver embossing powder and heated.
Then another layer of clear ink and UTEE, heated.
I used 3D Crystal Lacquer around the edges, covered in UTEE and heated.
I love doing this, the 3D-CL bubbles a bit and makes some pretty cool extra texture.
Then I used the 3D-CL down 1 edge, covered in clear Micro-Beads and heated (more cool bubbling).
Last I brushed more 3D-CL on and glittered that.
I heated 1 last time to seal it all in.
It's hard to see in the pictures but the layers are all there,
floating on top of each other and it's very sparkly!


No comments: