BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Book of Days: April 19th ...Praying for my Mother.

As many of you know...
 Yesterday at 8:30 AM my mother was hit by a car. 
It was on a busy street just a block from their house, she was crossing with the light, in the pedestrian crosswalk and was struck by a car making a left hand turn. The driver did not see her, it is a terrible intersection that is full of blinding white light that early in the morning. Made worse by the fact that this was a neighbor that lived behind them and down only a few houses. The old adage about accidents happening close to home...  She holds no malice whatsoever for the driver. He stayed til the paramedics took her to hospital, his wife came up the street to take their toddler son home (after also being checked by the paramedics). He also called today to see how she was and offer any assistance he and his family can (food, errands etc...) 
She was struck on the left hand side, rolled up then off the car and is now quite bruised and battered up. Her nose was torn badly on the left but the hospital was able to reattach everything. Her nose is also broken, but thankfully that is the only thing that is broken. Miracles! 
This, however, will change her face forever.
On top of that, today she was also scheduled for eye surgery at 8 AM. 
The hospital doctors assured us that she was still OK to go ahead with the surgery. She went and is now home. The surgeon said there is a 'bubble under the lens' and she can't see clearly like she did when they did the other eye several months back.This is a worry, we will know more when she goes for her follow-up. 

There was no question that today's thoughts, prayers and everything else have been on/for my Mom... so is my BOD page.
Photo is of my Mom was taken at 2 dear friends wedding last year.

Quote written around her:
I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.  
They have clung to me all my life.  
~Abraham Lincoln~

Now it is my turn to Pray for you...
(prayers in heart)

 


 April 19th:
Full Spread

Preparing the masking tape border... 
Inked, stamped with StazOn then ripped in 1/2 lengthwise.

13 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

It's a lovely page..I think all the 'pieces' show how your mind is racing all over the place. It's such a shock, and certainly I hold your Mum in my thoughts.

Danielle said...

I agree with Julia...it is a lovely page. I think it is good for you to get your thoughts down and I will be keeping you and your Mum in my thoughts and prayers.

Kirsty.A said...

Sending prayers for your Mum

kay said...

hope your mum makes a speedy recovery,hugs to all,x

jill said...

excellent page and hope that this helps you , sending best wishes to you & your mum & hope she have a speedy recovery. Hugs to you x

nerllybird said...

I hope your mother recovers from this as soon as possible; it will be a great comfort to her having her family around her. My mum was knocked down by a car when she was 79 and broke her leg and her arm. It was a terrible shock for her and obviously very painful, but she got over it well and is now as bouncy as ever! Best wishes to your mum x

May said...

Sarah what a shock for all... I do hope all is going well with mum.. sending prayers and hugs to you and your family from a fellow WOYWW Hugs May x x x

SandeeNC said...

I posted on your orginal WOYWW page and came back today hoping for a followup on your mom. Praying for her recovery! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Staci said...

Saying a prayer for a speedy recovery for your mom!

Astrid Maclean said...

Read about this on Julia Dunnit's blog. Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for your mum from across the pond. You journal page is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah
I was prepping my WOYWW post this afternoon and popped in to Julia's blog and saw her posting. What a terrible thing for you all to go through, I feel for you all and I really hope your Mum makes a great recovery. Art is fantastic therapy, so keep doing what you're doing.

Hugs
Brenda

Bridget Larsen said...

Saying a prayer for your family hope all is well with her and tell her I said hi and wish her a good recovery all the way from Australia
Bridget WOYWW 151 #1

JoZart Designs said...

I sincerely hope your dear Mum is recovering well after such a trauma. I do hope that driver is off the road too to safeguard others.
Lots of healing love
joZarty x