BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Try it on Tuesday: Designer Spotlight

I'm in the Guest Showcase today over Try it on Tuesday:
 http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.ca/2012/04/new-guest-showcase.html
Check it out!
 
The theme is anything goes-your favorite things.

A lot of my favorite things are wrapped up in 'Steampunk', so that's the theme I went with. Started with a frame I pick-ed up free during a FreeCycle Give-Away Weekend. It was already painted silver, worn and battered: good start!
Used several rub-ons (balloon, typewriter and clock) and a few stamps (goggles, bee, #'s and STEAMPUNK). Then layered on the stuff...
Victorian boots, key and keyhole, flowers, gears, stamps and bling...
These are a few of my favorite things! (sing it with me...)
Stamps from Stampin' Up and Rubber Cafe.
Ink is StazOn.
Key from 7 Gypsies.
Key hole and stamp stickers from KeepSake Craft.
Bling and Flowers from Prima.
Die cuts from BoBunny and Graphic 45.
Rubs on from Studio Calico and Reflections.
Boot sticker from Heartwarming Vintage.
Gear Punch from Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow loving your style! I love looking at steampunk but so far have not been happy with my efforts - I love all the elements you have used which is maybe my problem I need to collect more bits to add in. Thanks so much for sharing your work at Try it on Tuesday xx Janet x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is stunning! Great artwork.