BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Soulistry: A Start...

Yesterday I got my Soulistry Journal ready for Book Club... 
Today I started making my mark in it.

The first set of questions was about what our intentions were: 
what do you plan to put in/what do expect to get out stuff...  how often, write or art or both... and the like. 
I answered the questions in written form in the 'tear out' journal and glued them in, opposite that I Art-ed my intentions too.  
For me, this will be a fluid as the Spirit strikes, Muse Moods etc... project.
With Book of Days, Elements, Life in the Year of an Art Journal, Traveling Art Journal, the Art Calender 366 Project on the go as well as my Design Team/Work commitments I DO NOT want this becoming 'just another 'To-Do', it's just too important.
I also expect that many of my pages will not be openly blogged but kept private, I just don't know... we'll see where this journey takes me. :O)

I lost count of the # of layers this poor page took. It started as 3 book pages glued together... this textbook being from 1956 has pretty wispy pages, lol. There are 4+ layers of paint (white base, gold then more and more sponged on) as well as paper scraps and lots of stamp images. It has some lovely texture to it now, makes you want to run your fingers across it again and again...

Less exciting...
Front Inside Cover:
Used a photo we took in the mausoleum at Beechwood Cemetery on the left and am still pondering what to do on the right. It will be a 'Table of Contents', so I can list the prompts in the order they were art-ed in since I expect we'll be jumping around a bit. Haven't white paint prepped it yet because I maaaay just glue a lined sheet in to keep it neat...

No comments: