BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 151

First off a reminder to go check out the other (less messy?) desks at:

This week there has been very little going on for the 2nd half... 
It seems the Drummers of the World have moved into my head and set up shoppe. 
I'm on Migraine Day 4: It's on the downslope though, thank-goodness!
Yesterday I called it 'one-eyed-pirate-artist' day... my right eye was heavily blurred and has a large floater that blocked much of my vision for the past few days. After 2 solid days a bed I was sick of being idle... so one-eyed or not: Art was happening! ;O) 
That's what's still sitting out on my desk. In the group Art Journaling for Women on Facebook a call went out for everyone to make an "I Am Am Artist" page for our Journals. Made mine last evening after supper. It's still sitting out with the black backing for photos. 
Under it the Celtic Jewelry I wear every day, it's pointy... not good for sleeping in. ;O)
Celtic Prayer book at the right, many extra prayer this week for my Mum and some other sh-tuff we have going on in and around her accident. 
...and the usual smattering of pens, paint (ooo... need to empty the brush-beaker, forgot that last night...), glue, papers, 'puter and sh-tuff.

 

Update on my Mum:
She did have the eye surgery, it did not go as well as the other eye. 
Seems the lens was not placed 'just-so' so it's needed to be re-adjusted. Now we wait again. She gets the stitched out on her face at some point this week. The torn part seems to healing OK. 
She is however having the hardest time sleeping, which of course she needs to do to heal. 
If you can picture the wounds going around in a spiral starting with her face: Torn up on the left (it was the left part of her nose that was torn off and re-attached), twisting around to her left side (shoulder and elbow still quite swollen and black even a week later) and then around her thighs and across the back of her lower thighs, knees and calves. Makes it *very* had to find a way to lie down that isn't affected.
She tried for a day or 2 to lift herself into their bed and ended up tearing her right shoulder with the effort of holding all her weight. We did manage to get her a cane so she can move a bit more securely as the left leg keeps giving out on her.
She is however one tough cookie and being amazingly cheery about it all. 
That's my Mum! 

As Julia said, 
If anyone (WOYWW Card-Crew) would like to send her a card,
 I'm *sure* it would help cheer her along...
Please contact me for her addy at:
sarahccooper (at) rogers (dot) com

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your mum heals quickly, my thoughts are with her and with you. I would love to send her a card, I'll email you now.

Zoe #49

Redanne said...

Oh Sarah, you are having a bad time of it aren't you. Thanks for the update on your Mum, hopefully she will be on the mend soon. Sorry to hear about the Migrane too but hardly surprising with what you are all going through. Try to keep on crafting to take your mind off things for an hour or two if you can. Wishing you happier days, Anne #61

Unknown said...

It seems as if several bloggers are dealing with parental care issues. Prayers for 100% recovery for your mom. If you are on day four of your migraine, the worst is over! Prayers for your pain relief as well.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Poor you - that migraine is a result of the severe shock and stress. I know, my other half gets them really badly, fortunately not often.
And bless your mum - after all that's happened, she's still positive. That's the one thing that's going to get her better. My mum has lost that zip (she's 86) and it's sad to see the decline. So good for you and tell your Mum I'm sending her big healing Celtic hugs (I'm Celtic Welsh you see) through the Interweb :)
HUgs, LLJ # 33 xx

Carmen said...

I cannot begin to imagine what you are all going through but like the others have said, it's not surprising with your migraines. I hope it all starts to ease for you all soon.

On a lighter note, that journal page is amazing!

Carmen #105

jill said...

i hope your Migrane goes soon Sarah, you've had a lot to deal with right now . Best wishes being sent to you & you r mum .jill #62

SandeeNC said...

I sent you an e-mail so I can mail your mom a card, hope your headache is feeling better, I suffer from migraines too! (((hugs))) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina #139

kay said...

hi sarah,do hope that migraine goes soon,am sure its the shock of your mums accident,card for your mum went in the post on monday
have a crafty week and
happy woyww
kay #98

May said...

Oh Sarah you are dealing with so much at this time...I hope everything calms soon and your headaches pass and Mum recovers well I hope the rest of the week is kinder to the both of you, Big Hugs May x x x No10

Amanda said...

Sending hugs to you and your mum. Hoping she heals quickly and finds a spot she is comfortable sleeping in. Migraines are a nightmare and hope yours is gone now. Hugs, Amanda #133

Danielle said...

Prayers going out hoping your Mum gets better fast. dani138

CraftygasheadZo said...

Sending big hugs to you all, hope mum recovers speedily. Take care, am still working my way through the list, doing so in stints and making sure I have snacks to munch as I snoop! Zo xx 77

Tertia said...

Thoughts and prayers are with your mom. Hope she recovers real soon. Please send me her address to tertiaj@telkomsa.net ( I am not home at the moment, so can't send you a mail.
Love your journal page
Happy very belated WOYWW

Days End Studio said...

Email sent!
THANK-YOU everyone for the outpouring of love and support! <3

Eliza said...

Love hugs and good wishes to your mum from Australia, I do hope she is on the mend now.

Love your desk nice and creative.

Eliza #26