BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Row-Houses: ~Book of Days~ ART STORES!

*standing up, shuffling over to the podium at the front of the room, clearing throat*
Hi, My name is Sarah... I'm a Row-House Addict.

But really I'm not looking to recover anytime soon. In fact I signed up for another group within an hour of finishing these... how bad is that? lol 

Decided I had made 'home' Houses and also the Boudoir Houses so it was time for sumtin' different...
What does every BOD Sister need right.on.her.street? 
Why, a 24 hour, 7 days a week ART STORE!

This is what I'm doing with them, for now...
Building my BOD Wisteria Lane across the Studio Door Frame. 
When the 1st row is done I plan to have hubby place a piece of 1/4 round (painted white) above that row. 
The door is directly opposite my work space so every single time I look up: There they are! They never fail to make me smile. It also feels like the are guarding my sacred lil'Art-ing Space.  
Sister Guardians, I really like that. :O)
 

Started these with large Manilla Shipping Tags, set them up on the water bottle board I use for spraying. Forgot to take a picture: Spritzed them down with 6 colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (red, purple, blue, green, yellow and orange). Then I grabbed 6 colors of paint (red, purple, blue, green, yellow and orange) and splattered away!

However... 
The splatter was *eeeeeverywhere*!
I'll be picking lil'dots off of everything on/near the desk for the rest of eternity.
Enthusiasm: A+ 
Forethought and Prep: big fat F
Ooops!

Next I had to make a way in...
Used a Mini-Tag Punch for the Doors, so they're the same shape at the Stores. Punched a circle out for the window and added the 24/7 print out from the back. Red handles...la oh la la!
Signs are printed then inked in Pink, them framed out on Black paper.
Not  pictured here but the 'crest' at the top is the aweeeesome BOD logo one of ladies designed for us all to use, also framed out on Black Paper. 
Roofs are made with Starbucks Cup Wrappers, inked with Black Sharpie. 
24/7 Art Stores + Coffee... a must!

Stores on Parade...

2 comments:

Evil Edna said...

very cool.EE

KanataNewf said...

Perfecto! And love how you are displaying them above your door.