BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Soulistry: Gifts. Animal Totem: Dragonfly

Back with the Second spread created based around my Totem Animals for the topic GIFTS in Soulistry for the Book of Days -Premium Program. 

About six or so years ago I started to notice more Dragonflies in my life.
A few at first, then as the years went by there were more and more... 
After reading about the Dragonfly Totem I am not at all surprised. 
They starting flitting in about the time my life started to subtly shift and change.
...big move, separation, divorce... 
...medical diagnosis that changed my life course...
...my art came back... 
...new relationships, new people... 
...and a new found joy with the simple things in life and peace.

On the left again (like I did for the Rabbit Totem spread) is some information gleaned from varied places on the internetz. This time I highlighted a few things that really *pop-ed* for me:
~Dragonfly is the keeper of dreams, the knower within that sees all of our true potential and ability. 
~Dragonfly also connects us with the power of color and the ability to work with many different colors to achieve anything we want to experience in life.
~People who carry Dragonfly medicine are often quite talented in the use of Color for healing.
~Dragonfly people are also very talented at helping others navigate their own emotional waters.
 
On the right I Art-ed:
Background was painted white then sprayed with Glimmer Mist (Blue, Pink, Purple). 
Then the Tattered Angels Dragonfly Mask went down, I adding more spray. 
Next I took Pearl White Lumiere and painted the wings in. At this stage I also took the frame stamp from the Stampin'Up!: Celtic Knots set and stamped everywhere in Pink. 
Also stamped the Tattered Angels Dragonfly stamp over the masked/painted image with black StazOn. This I only inked the edges of the image for and stamped twice... wanted to have a feeling of movement in the wings by making several impressions. 
Washed the whole page over with white paint and added a second layer of Lumiere to the wings. When this was dry I stamped and heat embossed the Dragonfly in black.
Then I cover the Dragonfly with the Mask again and splattered Glimmer Mist in an upward motion (wanted it to look like water spray, where the Dragonfly comes from...), then speed dried it with the heating gun. 
Used a text stamp in blue and corner flourish stamp in pale purple from Fancy Pants were used to continue stamping the page. 
The Tattered Angels Compass (with North at the head) was stamped over the Mask too. 
Then I removed the Mask, spray sealed it and started journaling...
 
Around the bottom of the Compass;
"Time is for dragonflies and angels. The former live too little and the latter live too long."
~James Thurber~ 

Across the top:
"What matters is to live in the present, live now,
 for every moment is now. It is your thoughts 
and acts of the moment that create your 
future. The outline of your future path 
already exists, for you created its pattern 
by your past."
~ Sai Baba ~

It's a very shimmery, shiny and lovingly layered page. 
I took many pictures since none of them are truly splendid... 
Very pleases with this one, as I was with the Rabbit Totem page, it just... came. 
In fact this one was keeping me up last night... lol. 
Woke up (read gave-up on sleeping) and hour early to get into the Studio this morning. 

 
 
 
 




1 comment:

bev said...

Beautiful! I love dragonflies. Must give this a try. Thank you for sharing.

Hope that your Mother is on the uphill climb and wishing her a speedy recovery. Will keep you and her in my prayers.