BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 30, 2010

Dirty & Creepy Friday Night...

Odd selection this Friday evening.
I got Dirty... then a little Creepy...


Dirty Scraps

IMPACT!!! I think of a car wreck when I hear the word IMPACT, but it can mean so many different things. An abusive parent can IMPACT your life in detrimental ways.
A wonderful teacher can IMPACT your life in amazing ways, a loving mother can IMPACT your life forever. You can be scarred or shaped with it. Scrap a page with the word IMPACT in it, make it strong, make it you!


I am so happy to have the chance to do a page to this wonderful lady... she was a defining influence in my life, fer sure.
I started stark (as she always suggested) and just let my Muse takeover and collect things for the page. I used paint behind everything. The letters for ART are punch-out frames (leftovers) I trimmed them off the sheet then pasted them over the paint. I glimmer misted the letters in IMPACT! and also pasted them into paint.
I found one of Roberta's Bios online (from an exhibit she did in 2002)and added that as well as a mini of the print she gave me on my last day. The significance of the Bunny because I had brought my Rabbit, Ebony in as a 'model' for the class. (no nudes in high-school! lol)


You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween page, project or card using spiders as the MAIN focus. Six, eight or more legs the better! Fuzzy, shiny, ugly, cute... let's see those spideys :)

*shudder*
This. was. really. hard. to. do.
I have a pretty bad phobia of spiders...
I'm still pretty impressed I made it through the process of selecting an image let alone touching it for the cutting & pasting. Be proud of me!
Black Widow Postcard:
I could Mate with you... but then I'll have to kill you.



6 comments:

~EssenseVibez~ said...

beautiful job---great journaling

Terry said...

Love this piece! Wonderful job!

Haf Scraps said...

Wow - your layout about your art influence is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Dirty Scraps. Also, your card is really cool and I share the same spider phobia.

theneon said...

Both projects are great and I can see Art is an important part of your life. The red edges on the spider card are a nice touch.

Barb said...

Wicked spider image, Sarah, DEFINITELY! Thanks for facing your fear and joining us at Macabre Monday... your work is always fabulous!

Laurajean said...

FABuLous layout...LOVE it ;)
Thanks for playin' along with us at DirtyScraps!!!!